• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submitting Sets to NGC

5 posts in this topic

Valid Submission?

I read a journal entry earlier today that stated " when submitting the 25th Anniversary set to NGC, you must list each coin, from each set, seperately on the form". There are 25 coins in my 5 sets and only twenty lines on the form. It doesn't make sense to me to have a quantity column if this is the case.

I listed the 5 different coins in the sets and then entered a 5 in the quantity box to the left of each variety. Is this a valid submission or is NGC going to kick these coins back to me.

See more journals by mikew148

I talked to lisa at NGC and she told me to just fill out Line 1-5 if you ordered 5 sets and at at the bottom of the invoice write 25th anniversary and early release. She said that NGC will take care of the rest

Thanks for the info Paul...I feel better about the submission.

I didn't write 25th Anniversary or Early Releases on the bottom of the form, but the information on NGC's web site said all 25th Anniversary Sets, received within the first 30 days of issue, would get the Early Releases designation unless a request was made to opt out.

Seems like my submission should be valid.....hopefully!

Absitively, Posilutely! Had you sent them to PCGS- They're running a special rate: charging an Additional $18 per coin for the "First Strike" designation on the label. Nice Guys!

$18 per coin..... in addition to the tier grading? That's an additional $450 for 25 coins. Ouch!

Seems high but, you still have to get the designation.....don't you?

I wonder.....how much of a premium will this set command with the First Strike designation?