• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th Aniversary Set posted by Dennyjw

8 posts in this topic

So did I brother. I was on the mint site a quarter to 12 that day, got kicked off at noon. I couldn't get back on until 930 pm to put in my order. I too got a cancel notice today! I only ordered one set when all these back alley dealers out there manipulated well over 5 sets and selling them for insane profit! They don't even care about the coins! I know its getting old but I am still very upset that my 3 month old daughter won't be getting a ASE birthyear set! It will never be complete without the reverse proof and San Fran mint mark. I'm done with dealing with the mint .

Nick

After waiting, and seeing the Status and Shipping Date change Daily, I hope that my order doesn't get canned as well. I doubt that I'll be able to accumulate all of these coins on the open market once they're all let loose.

I was late. Busy at work, never checked the website until I got home and immediately ordered. But I too have been notified of cancellation of order.

I ordered only one set as well.

I placed my order at a little after 5:00pm est..I got a notice from the Mint today confirming that I'm "still on the waiting list".

It's looking bleak however as it reported that "should we have some cancellations you will be notified when your set is going to ship, OR if I am removed from the waiting list they will also send an email to let me know."

Not keeping my hopes up. I doubt anybody is going to cancel considering that they can double their investment by reselling. Probably won't be enough bad credit cards or order mistakes to squeek me in my 2 sets either....oh well, I may have to make a decision whether or not to get gouged for a set later.

My best option if the mint falls through, is to wait about 6mths to a year and then score a complete set of the coins in 69 grade (I don't care about whether they are graded 69 or 70 anyhow-they look practically the same to me).

When I used to collect a few modern sets like the Sacagaweas and the Jefferson proofs, if I waited until November I could usually find a PF69 or 70 for less than the cost of the slab after the frenzy to acquire the new releases died down.........