• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set! posted by Yevrah

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

7 coin set- 75,000 to be minted

This is a snarky post.

Well, I guess right now I'm looking forward to the 30th Anniversary Set. My guess is a 7 coin set since the 20th was 3 coins and the 25th, 5 coins.

I can only guess they will make it impossible for regular collectors to buy them so they'll just make 75,000 sets.

I'll have to be more vigilant for this anniversary!

See more journals by Yevrah

by the time the 30th anniversary set is ready for release, you should be able to pick up a set of MS69 25th anniversary coins for less than the original release price (adjusted for inflation).

that's the strategy with the mint, just wait at least a year and the price (except in rare instances) is always lower.

As is true at many manufacturing companies and their new products,do Mint Employees & families have a similar deal, by getting 'First Divs' by allowing their orders to go to the head of the line, ahead of the masses(on openig day, of course).

Who wants a MS69 come on you know you want the MS70 and PF70 set and that will always be more than the $300 release price.

I am poor, I'll settle for the 69. :)

I am broke and have always believed that poor is a state of mind. I am in more debt now than I ever have been due to coins and my addiction to coins but I know in the long run around 5 years or so I will be again credit card debt free and still LOVING this great hobby, with my awesome collection by my side to show for it.

Never allow yourself to be tricked into thinking you can not afford something, if you really want it you will find a way to make it happen. Years ago I saw a few great collections here on the Registry and thought to myself, "I will never be able to have anything as nice as this!". AND I was wrong with patience and seizing the opportunity when one comes I have amassed a pretty nice collection even though I've never made more than 30k a year.

It helps I live in small town OHIO where its not uncommon to find an apartment for under $400 a month or buy a house for less than 50k, when you read this and wonder how that is possible ask yourself why am I living in this town of mine? Might just make you want to relocate.

Good luck to all in your collecting goals!