• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will I still be a Silver Eagle Collector? posted by Yevrah

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Probably depends on if my 25th Anniversary Set comes or not.

I agree with the sentiments about the ordering process. IMO, the Mint should sell a set to each order from a different address, once they are all filled, then the multiples can be shipped.

But I expect if I don't get my set from the Mint that I'll be done collecting graded Silver Eagles. I don't think I will be interested in paying the already graded prices.

I ordered a single set probably 10 minutes later than the expected cut off time for orders that will be filled.

9684.jpg

See more journals by Yevrah

I'm sure many of others(including myself) are reflecting on the same question.

One point that it comes down to is- "Did this Have to be a FIVE coin set? 2 or 3- we'd feel bad, but the feeling probably wouldn't stop us from picking up the coins later 1 at a time -once we were through Frothing from the mouth!

I still hurt having missed out on the 1995W 10th Anniv Proof- back in the day. Then, we depended mostly on Mint Mailings to learn of a sale, and for that one coin, I'll most likely never have a 100% Proof ASE set..