• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25th anniversary backordered! posted by cemonice

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2011, the year my daughter was born

So 2011 is the year my daughter was born. I had been trying to get on the mint site catalogue since noon and have been unsuccessful. Now I finally get there and its on backorder! I knew it was going to go quick but geez!

If anyone has bought more than 1 set and is willing to sell one when they come in please PM me! I would like to buy a set in original mint package if possible.

PLEASE will someone do me this huge favor?

Nick

See more journals by cemonice

Mine came in as back ordered to, I think everyones is back ordered. Check the date on the back order status, mine matches the earliest ship date of 11/10/11. I plan on checking my order status frequently for updates. I think you will be all right if you got the order confirmation e-mail with order number. They can't possibly sell out in a matter of hours with a crashed website.

Gary

well the problem is, it says backordered and when i try to hit cash-out, it keeps booting me off! i cant even get it to go through!

This is a picture of my daughter and she really wants this set!! HAHAHA Sorry, didnt mean to guilt anyone. I apologize if that was out of line!

116839.jpg.b0debf7720f64d4603cd3028e52f15f7.jpg

Maybe This will help. Go the following from a post off of the mintenewsblog

The Mint uses the word “backorder” in a different way that most people are familiar with.

Most companies are sellers, not manufacturers, so when an item is on “backorder,” that means that they have run out of that item, and need to order more from the manufacturer. That may take days or weeks or even months, so the company is telling the customer that he has to wait until the product comes in.

The Mint is both manufacturer and seller, so when they say “backorder,” they mean that the order is backed up until the coins are minted, assembled, and then shipped to the fulfillment center for mailing.

The Mint uses “hold” to mean that they need time to verify that the order is legitimate (in this case, not more than 5 sets per household) and that the customer’s credit card has sufficient funds. “In process” means that verification has been done, and now all it takes is for the Mint to see if there are enough sets ready for mailing.

“In stock and reserved” means that the coins have been assembled into sets and ready to be shipped to the fulfillment center, and that all verifications have been made. At this point, the Mint has ACCEPTED the order — prior to this, the Mint has only RECEIVED the order. Once the set is labeled for mailing, then you will receive a “Shipped” notice and tracking number (though the actual mailing date may be the next day).

“Suspended” is something new to me. I suppose that is used when a later order is made after the household limit has been reached. I have never seen a “Waiting List” message on the online order receipt or email confirmation, but then, I have never been put on a waiting list.

To sum up, once you see “In process” and/or “In stock and reserved,” you can safely assume that you will get your coins. “Hold” and “Backorder” are used routinely and does not mean that you will not get your coins.