• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War Nickel posted by TPETERS

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Haven't found one of these in quite a while

Good Evening,

I recently went to visit some friends/family in Ohio and during the course of my visit I got a 1945P War Nickel in change. I would guess it to be a MS45? Maybe?

It is always fun to get something like that in change.

Tonight, I went to my local gas station to get a Pepsi and while in line, 2 people ahead of me was a young boy around 10-11 yrs old getting candy (go figure) and paid for his purchase with a $1 bill. I only saw it for a split second but I knew what it was!!!! After everyone else left I asked the cashier if I could buy that $1 bill that the young boy paid with? She said yes and asked me why. I told her that I thought it was an older bill and since I collect coins (or bills as they appear) I wanted that bill. She opened up the drawer and pulled it out and she said that it looked funny. I told her it was a Silver Certificate. As she was only 22 she had NO idea what I was talking about.

It turned out it is a 1957. In very bad condition, creased almost to the point of falling apart. A 1/8" hole in the corner. Certainly not a pristine example but it is something you don't find very often. I wonder if it came from his folks colection? Hmmmmm.

Just wanted to share my latest finds.

So in the past 2 weeks I have added a couple of old items to my small raw collection.

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Have a great night!,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Good Eye Todd, especially on that silver certificate. It was probably in someone's jar of old cash and bills and the bad economy drove it back out.

Later,

Malcolm