• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medal of Honor posted by Backdraft237

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Dakota Meyer

What do you guys think of having a PF70 Medal of Honor coin signed by a real Medal of Honor recipient, Dakota Meyer lives just a few miles from me, I'm sure he would be more then willing to sign the slab for me. And ideals on what to use to sign it with, so it would smear or fade over the years?

Just saying how cool this would be to have a Medal of Honor coin signed by a Medal of Honor recipient, being he is the first living Marine recipient since the Vietnam War.

See more journals by Backdraft237

WELL THIS is just my opinion and dont be offended or pissed off

but I think it is a great idea.... but I think you are doing it for the wrong reasons

which would be personal gain which goes against the the principle of our Medal of Honor recipients.

maybe if you got one for him and one for you would be a better idea

and who knows maybe he would cherish it as well and pass it on to his family

Mitch

If you know Mr. Meyer and have some kind of friendly relationship with him, then I would agree that

it might be a cool thing to have. Bui, if he is a stranger you just happen to know because of his local prominence, then I wold think it crass to simply ask him to sign your slab. Mitch's idea of providing him a coin (raw would be fine) would make a difference and make it worth the effort without offending.

As for what to use? Test a Sharpie on a small corner of a coin that is of relatively low value.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Mitch does have a great idea with presenting Mr. Meyer with a coin. I personally would give him both versions.

It might be better to have him autograph the COA instead of the slab. I believe that would be the best way to go.

Jeff

Wow, that's a tough one. I'd say don't do it. I don't know, I feel Mr Meyer would not appreciate it somehow. Being asked to autograph something that highlight's his own actions in being awarded the CMH, I believe is not something a person of such charcacter would appreciate, just my opinion.

Merlin8*