• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stacks Philadelphia Sale

7 posts in this topic

I recently moved and have been without internet service since last Friday. Still no TV till hopefully this Saturday. Moving sucks.

Didn't win a coin but did win these as an aid in my research. Auction description:

Lot of (3) soft-bound books that were published in connection with local and state celebrations that occasioned the issue of commemorative half dollars.

All are extensively illustrated. Included are: Albany -- A Cradle of America, 62 pp, issued in 1936, in commemoration of the 250th anniversary of the Dongan Charter; All About Hawaii, 228 pp., a tour guide, published in 1928 by the Honolulu Star Bulletin, perhaps intended to serve visitors to Hawaii during the Captain Cook Sesquicentennial celebrations; Maryland Tercentenary, 1834-1934, The Ark and the Dove, 14 pp., issued in connection with the 300th anniversary of the state’s first settlement.

Stacks_Albany_Cover.jpg

Stacks_Albany_Brochure1.jpg

Stacks_Albany_Brochure2.jpg

Stacks_Albany_Brochure3.jpg

Stacks_Hawaii_Book.jpg

Stacks_Hawaii_Book1.jpg

Stacks_Maryland_Brochure_Cover1.jpg

Those are nice, Lee! I particularly like the Maryland, but I'm prejudiced because I was born there.

Judging from your complaint about the cable and internet service, you must have moved to Florida Comcast country.

Chris

Those are nice, Lee! I particularly like the Maryland, but I'm prejudiced because I was born there.

Judging from your complaint about the cable and internet service, you must have moved to Florida Comcast country.

Chris

Thanks. SE Virginia and Charter Communications. High prices and poor service mean see ya to me. :)

Years ago when ebay was just starting out, I managed to pick up quite a few pieces of commemorative ephemera. I managed to buy a 1928 Hawaii sesquicentennial celebration guidebook, which is extremely rare, and a 1936 dinner invitation to the Albany-Dongan official celabration dinner. Many others, some very, very cool of which have never been seen by me.

TRUTH

Neat pieces of history -- reading those things can be a real awakener to how people perceived things back then.

Hey Truthteller if you ever want to part with your Ephemera, please give me first shot. :)

Thanks Roger. Some really nice history to add to my chapters.