• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Great Finds... posted by Kamakazy

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1982 UNC Washington and 1989 Democracy 50 cent pieces.

Now that the inventory is finally complete, and at points unbelievably frustrating - I don't know how you guys/gals do this for a living because just doing inventory is batty!

You can imagine what has turned up. The most interesting for today are these two, still in the original mint packaging and I remember when I got these. They have literally been tucked away for decades.

A quick research turned up that NGC has not ever graded either of these MS70, and at a minimum they would go MS69.

The Washington, however I think has a real chance at going 70. Perhaps I will catch the grading team on a good day. The scratches you see are on the plastic shrink packaging from the mint. I wouldn't mind having the only NGC MS70 graded one on the planet. (If you know of one then please advise).

Enjoy.

9469.jpg

See more journals by Kamakazy

I feel your pain Kamakazy, I finally have all my coins well organized, with a great deal of assistance from NGC collection manager and now have my collection fully organized for the first time since 1968. Like you, I found stuff during the reorganization that I had literally forgotten I owned.

I never did like the pliofilm for storage as I always worry about rub. Check it carefully, there is probably a higher standard at the grading services for coins that were never meant to be circulated.