• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5 Toned Morgans. Thoughts? Should I grades? 1886O; 1895O; 1896O; 1897O, 1903O.

1 post in this topic

Hi- I am just starting and have several free grades with both NGC and PCGS- I expect I will be buying many more grades but I'd like to start with some interesting ones-

Here are five Morgan dollars I am considering for submission. I believe each of these had some toning and I am very interested to hear any general comments about the coins in addition to my question about submitting for grading.

This is my new scanner and I like the pictures a lot better than my old one.

1886 O

86o.jpg

1886 O Rev

86rev-1.jpg

1895 O

95o.jpg

1895 O Rev

95rev.jpg

1896 O

96O.jpg

1896 O Rev

86rev.jpg

1897 O

97o.jpg

1897 O Rev

97rev.jpg

1903 O

03o.jpg

1903 O Rev

03rev.jpg

Again I am very interested in all comments. I am preparing to sell an old family collection and I trying to absorb and learn- very much appreciate all of the helpful and interesting people on this board. This whole toning thing is completely new to me as I have not collected coins for several decades. So I would like to hear comments about the toning on these coins especially.