• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you bought this, would you be happy?

43 posts in this topic

An auction house glues this on the back of your slab, and when you remove it this happens.

i would be extremely pissed and this same thing on this holder type has happened to me more than once with insufficiently_thoughtful_person dealer stickers

i should have taken off the sticker with rubbing alcohol/wd-40

I wish we had a "beating a dead horse" smilie. Perhaps these two still make the point. :makepoint::tonofbricks:

As an aside, if someone would offer me a decent AU 1796 No Stars Quarter Eagle I buy it with the hologram striped completely off of it.

I did apply acetone.

Thank You.

NEVER USE ACETONE ON A SLAB. It will melt the plastic a ruin the slab.

Got to agree with that :sick:

Let's get this straight, the OP is whining at Heritage for putting a sticker over the hologram, and then he goes and puts acetone on a slab without any consultation of what it will do to it? Er. Ah. Is that hyprocrisy or what? OP has likely done more damage to the aesthetics of the slab than Heritage ever could have done. Sheesh!

So Mr. OP Jimmy boy, next time before REMOVING anything from a slab, or trying to CONSERVE it in any way, consult experts. Many of us here use acetone in our daily lives and can tell you the kind of plastic in slabs and acetone don't mix. Many of us here can tell you that you could have removed that sticker without as much destruction of the hologram with different types of solvents or possibly alcohol, that are inert to plastic but could have dissolved the glue.

IN MY VIEW, YOU HAVE NO ONE BUT YOURSELF TO BLAME HERE, SO STOP TRASHING HERITAGE. (tsk)

HT: According to Mark the OP isn't even going to talk to Heritage about it. He bashing them in these threads but won't go try to solve the problem. That to me is odd.... hm

jom

HT: According to Mark the OP isn't even going to talk to Heritage about it. He bashing them in these threads but won't go try to solve the problem. That to me is odd.... hm

jom

You Don't get it....there is no problem, I am keeping the coin as stated earlier.

This is a warning for buyers, seems like "sellers" really don't care about buyers once the check is cashed. Nothing seems to have changed in this industry in the last 4 decades. And insults regarding my experience just proves such point.

Thank you.

jom

You Don't get it....there is no problem, I am keeping the coin as stated earlier.

This is a warning for buyers, seems like "sellers" really don't care about buyers once the check is cashed. Nothing seems to have changed in this industry in the last 4 decades. And insults regarding my experience just proves such point.

Thank you.

Well, you sure ranted as if there were a problem. You cared enough to start two threads and post to them, but not enough to contact Heritage. The latter probably would have taken less time than you spent here, and would have at least had a chance of leading to changes/improvements.

Two threads is a bit much but maybe some good will come from it. I'm sure some have learned to be careful removing any sticker and that there are ways to remove them with no harm to the slab. I'm sure Heritage will see the threads and take note that it is a problem with some slabs and folks. If it made me unhappy, I would have just called them and let them know in a nice way.

jom

I apologize for any insults. However, you say sellers don't care about buyers but yet (evidently) you NEVER gave the seller a chance to right the wrong. You never approached them...at all. So how do you know they "don't care"?

So...you're right...I DON'T get it.

jom

I apologize if my comments were insulting also, on occasion, I see a new thread (or two........) that simply get me a goin'. Next time, please think it through before starting a rant thread. Puhlease? As noted by several, a possible alternative before posting a rant is to discuss this with the good folks at Heritage instead. When I get one of their numismatists on the phone or at a show to talk, they always treat me well, never ask if I am a big buyer (they wouldn't know me from Adam), but listen to my concerns. I am sure if you talked to them, like many have said here, they would try to solve the issue.

To anyone, before tampering with a slab or trying to remove something from it you don't want on it, ask questions, there are some very talented folks here that can help.

Okay OP, back to you with apologies from two of us...... :)