• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Coin Submission posted by Texan's Coins

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Very Impatient. lol

I upgraded my membership, received my coupon for 5 free gradings and sent in some coins. I sent in a San Francisco Mint Commem., Jamestown Commem., and three Franklin Halves. I think all should come back with decent grades, but I was more interested in the process.

So, right now, my status is submitted for grading. From those of you with more experience, the more you check the status, the faster it goes, right? lol Just kidding.

I have read people's journals talking about the anticipation of waiting. I am now experiencing that.

When I get them in, I will update you with my results. Until then, happy collecting!

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Good Luck Marcus,

No doubt the process will teach you patience. NGC seems to be very popular as their estimated vice actual turnaround times are quite different.

Keep us posted and post a picture or two when you get those beauties back.

Regards,

Malcolm

I will soon be in the same boat... my package came yesterday and soon my first coins will be heading to NGC... good luck and I look forward to seeing your results :)

Scott

Good Luck!! Waiting is the hardest part and then when the grades are posted it's a worry to look and see if I did well or I flubbed it... I've had both and learned from my mistakes, so that the downside is minimized. I love this hobby and now love this process and the challenge :applause:

Todd

Todd, that's the other problem. I've been trying to decide whether I want to look at the grades online when they appear or wait until I get them in the mail. I agree with you. I love this hobby as well. It is so complex and there is always something to learn. Unfortunately, we constantly put ourselves in a "Hurry up and wait" situation. Order coins off the internet...... Wait by the mailbox. Send in coins to be graded...... wait by the mailbox. lol Oh well. That is part of the fun, I guess.

Happy collecting, everyone!

Marcus