• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ten years in the making posted by THE JK COLLECTION

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

One journey's end

After multiple visits to a dozen coin shops, and 100's of dealers at 8 monthly and annual coin shows over ten years. I have completed my 1964-1970 silver Kennedy proof/sms/business strike set: "JK's Kennedy's" #16 [as soon as they correct a scoring mistake] with the addition of 6 business strike Kennedys, 3 of which had to be sent back to NGC for corrections; a64-d mismarked as a P-mint, and a 65 and a 67 b-strike in ms-66 grades miss identified as special mint set strikes. My thanks to Max Speigel of ngc for listening to my evidence for why i thought they were b-strikes, and after a "graders review" they agreed [you can get corrections].

This is the fourth set i've completed and my favorite. all came from OGP or raw except the 65 sms cam and 67 sms cam with the "birth marked die" and the set features a 64 accented hair pr-66 deep cameo and a 64-d ms-66* both 7 dollar coins when bought. The only coin i have never found in ogp was the 65 sms in a cameo.

Today was the first time that i got to see the entire set together and think about when and where i bought each of the coins, the time that has passed,and if i could ever finish this set. The feeling of satisfaction and acomplishment is immeasurable.

One journey is at an end - Let the next one begin!

9318.JPG

See more journals by THE JK COLLECTION