• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC 1985 MS69 Red Lincoln Memorial population of 5 posted by hunter's gold

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What difference $50 can make

Hi everyone. I just added this nice example of a NGC 1985 MS69 Red Lincoln Memorial to my registry collection. I had bid on this coin about a month ago through one of the online auction houses and the coin did not sell. Last night this coin came up for auction again and I increased my max bid by $50.00 and was successful last night. It is one of 5 graded by NGC at this grade with none higher. The overall strike on this coin is outstanding with great eye appeal. Have a few more that I hope to add in the next month if all goes well. As always thank you for looking and Happy Collecting.

9294.jpg

See more journals by hunter's gold

Congrats Hunter--you are truly building one of the finest Lincoln Memorial sets ever assembled...I hope you win all of the ones you have your eyes on and keep adding and building up that cool set---

PS: nice photos too, I can never get copper (or gold) to photo that well...

MS-69 is rare in Lincoln Memorial cents and the coin you have in your photograph is truly worthy of such a lofty grade. Congratulations, I checked out your set not to long ago and you have something special going there. All the best!

Gary

Thanks for all the cool compliments from my fellow collectors. Unlike the gentleman in the number 1 position who is probably a millionaire, I have put this collection together during very tough times. As a 100% disable veteran I do not make a lot of disposable income by any means. You can easily go to the VA website and see what a 100% disable vet makes. I was fortunate to have collected autographs and silver and some gold and that sustained me through my 9 year odyssey with the Veterans Administration. I do believe I will achieve the number 1 set for the 1959-Present business strikes. My key date right now is the 1983DDR in MS68 Red. Also, I am very proud to display my pictures (Some that are mine and some from the sellers) and will continue to add pictures and descriptions as time permits. Of course any upgrades that I can find that are price accordingly I will pursue. It is a shame that one seller on Ebay has some key coins I need but as we all know his prices are outrageous. Keep up the good work all of you. If I didn't think you all had some great collections I would not follow you. Thanks Doug