• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1993D Kennedy 50c Uncirculated - Error

9 posts in this topic

I hope this is not the wrong forum for this, please let me know if it is.

I bought a set of uncirculated P & D coins on ebay that had an error in the packaging (two pennies in the D set). When look at the Kennedy half, it appears to be double struck. In all my reading on double strikes, there are so many types of doubling, with some being no big deal, I have no clue which is which. Could you check out these pics and give me your opinion owhetherer its worth sending in for certification, or just a "no big deal" form of doubling?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The scratches are on the plastic container from the mint.

I also inverted some of the pics so it would show up better.

Thanks for everyone's input. I changed the pic sizes so they are easier to view.

Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

1993DErrorSet.jpg

199DKennedyInvertedFull8by8.jpg

1993DKennedyDoll8by8.jpg

1993DKennedyDollInverted.jpg

1993DKennedyDollNorm.jpg

1993dKennedyObvzfull8by8.jpg

1993DKennedyRica.jpg

1993DKennedyRICAInverted.jpg

It looks like it might be strike doubling (also called machine doubling or mechanical doubling) which is very common and carries no premium.

How about taking a photo of just the Kennedy, crop it to show only the area in question and then resize it to no more than 800x800.

Chris