• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fall is Close at Hand Here and so are plans to Wrap up my Registry Additions for 2011 posted by J Lloyd Young

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I have finished assembling raw coins for submission for this year .....

Fellow Collectors : Its tough sometimes to decide which coins to submit and which to hold back for next time . As we all know the entire process of slabbing coins is quite expensive . So I have managed to go thru and pick out some interesting coins to send in a few of which are worthy of mention : 1884-S Morgan clearly uncirculated but very darkly toned , 1953-S Franklin very high grade virtually FBL extremely dark grayish tone , 1936-D Washington AU-50 with obverse gouge ( what a shame in such a great grade ) , 1835 Italian 5 Lire High Grade AU , 1876 Spanish 5 Peseta XF+ , 1891 Sapanish 1 Peseta very high AU , 1934 Peace Dollar High Grade UNC appears to have been struck with a rusty die but what a beautiful strike , Canada 1891 25 cent AU with corrosion , 1942-S Washington Quarter raw....appears to be GEM BU MS-65/66 , 1934-S Peace AU-50 and about a dozen more mostly US 25 cents . Unfortunately there are many that will have to wait for next time ..........I expect to have these coins sent and rcv'd back in time to enter on site by October 10th 2011 . Any other coins entered besides these ( and likely there will be a few ) will be exclusively coins purchased that were already slabbed by NGC or PCGS .

This'll likely be my last Journal entry till then . I'll leave you with a picture of my latest pocket change find....a 1965 Canada 0.500 fine silver quarter .

9227.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young