• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first NCS submission results... posted by TD Henson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Perhaps my grading skills are improving.

One month almost to the day after journaling about sending in my first submission my 2 little Roosie's are ready to come home!

Either my grading skills are improving or as the saying goes - "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then".

The 1971-P Roosevelt did come back as cleaned - "Reverse Wheel Marks" - I didn't key on the wheel marks, but rather on some very light circular abrasions in the field - almost undiscernable. Too bad as this coin is cool. NGC attributed it as a Partial Collar Strike mint error.

The 1970-D DDR came back as a top pop MS 66 - 14 coins graded and only 3 in MS 66 with none finer. I posted a picture of the coin pre-NCS on 7/7 and I'll post a follow up after it returns later this week or next, with both coins side by side. It looks awesome in the verification pictures. If your interested -

http://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/CertResults.aspx?CertNumber=3546118-001

Oh, and by the way - it was different than the FS-802 that I already own, as this one was certified as FS-801 variety! Sweet!!! It fills another hole in my set with varieties.

Hope your all having a great day!

Todd

See more journals by TD Henson