• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

merc posted by cemonice

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

big gun

this is a picture of the obverse of the 16 d i bought. i could use some input on what you guys think. i know its damaged but i still really LIKE this coin alot! what would you guys pay for it if you really wanted this coin?

9177.jpg

See more journals by cemonice

I would send it to NCS to be conserved and perhaps it would bring out a very nice coin.

It might clean up nice but that circular {scratch?] in the center of the Liberty would be problematic. I would probably only pay AG price for it, in its present conditin. Say around 500 Hundred.

You are not the first person to tell me that..as far as having it conserved. The only problem is the coin dealer that told me to do it was also the same one who told me he believed it to be genuine and to send it out to be certified, but not until AFTER i already send it out he told me to have it worked on! I didnt even know coins could be conserved up until that point?

Any suggestions? Should i still try to have it conserved when it comes back? would it be worth it to do so?

It looks like it's in at least XF condition if it were not for the damage. I would definitely send it in to a grading company though to make sure it's not counterfeit or altered. Well worth it to make sure you didn't get a double bag of problems.