• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Rosies.. Opinions Needed!!

8 posts in this topic

I have here what I think is a 1969 S Ultra Cam or Deep Cam... Probably a PF 68 or 69... and I also have a 1961 lower grade Proof but is nicely toned.. What are your thoughts on these 2?

Pics...

461414-1969s.jpg

461414-1969s.jpg.f754f1ce5776934d2356c5e499907473.jpg

The 1969 looks like a hazy Cam. The obverse is not contrasted enough to Ucam based on the pics (IMO), and there appear to be a few marks on the coin, particularly the reverse field. I'd figure it's a better album coin than submission. The color on the 61 is VERY nice, particularly the reverse. It appears to be a mark free coin with great color. I like it alot. wink.gif

So you would submit the 61 and not the 69? What do you think the 61 would get? Mabye a star? The Color is hard to get on that coin with the glare it puts off...

Well, to be honest, I don’t know if I would submit either, but if I were to submit one it would be the 1961. Not because I think it would grade higher or is worth more, but because I would want to protect that nice toning, and IMO it would look real nice against the white insert of an NGC holder.

As for what I think it would grade, its tough to say from your photos, but I would guess PF-66 or PF-67.

John

The '69-S is okay, but the '61 is quite pretty. If I were to submit one of these it would no doubt be the '61. However, I don't know that you really need to submit either of them.