• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Order Status Email Updates Option? posted by Alan Lastufka

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just a thought.

I'm sure NGC can see by looking at their page view stats that all of us sit and refresh the Order Status page all day/week/month long, waiting for grades to post. I wonder if NGC might add an automated email update option that would email us when the status of each order changes from "Received" to "Scheduled for Grading" to "Quality Control" to finally "Finalized"?

I know I would stop refreshing that page over and over if I could simply mark a check box and be emailed as those statuses change. And it'd probably save NGC some server load and bandwidth too.

Win/win?

See more journals by Alan Lastufka

Basically they do already. Grades wont show until about a day or so prior to being shipped back to the sender. Once you get the email saying that its been shiped, you can see the grade. I do this as it can be very irritating to wait for the grades and images to be posted.

-Chris

Alan,

They might have to spend a few bucks updating their tracking software but it would defintely be customer friendly. Great Idea!!

Malcolm