• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My best find ever!! posted by Texan's Coins

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Star Notes at Work

As much as I enjoy working on my NGC registry sets, I enjoy when I get new money in at the bank where I work, because it gives me the opportunity to find fun notes at face value.

I hit the mother load today. I have had some 10 straps of $1 bills in the vault for a few weeks and since it was slow today, I told my co-worker I was going to check them for stars. When I opened the FED's plastic outer covering, I looked at the first note and what do I see, but a star! As I was starting to explain to my coworker the meaning of the star, I flipped to the next bill and another star. It turns out that the first strap was a strap of star notes. All 100 of them!

The rest of the straps only yielded 2 more star notes, but this is by far my best find ever. I don't think you'll be able to wipe the grin off my face.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins