• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

registry low point for graded wheat posted by pgera3

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

wheat registry set low points

i just get 5 of my wheat back from ngc 4 of them get graded and 1 get detail label (no surprise there) but when i added them too my set i found the 1912S AU details rev corrosion add 2 points and 1910S AU55, 1915S F15, 1923S XF40, 1931S XF40 added 3 points each, i d'ont understand. If you have any ideas let me know.

See more journals by pgera3

I have the same problem with Morgan Dollars. If your coin is not rare it will not get a lot of points in low circulated grades. It seems that NGC with their point system is trying to encourage people to build registry sets with MS coins. Heck, I even have a MS-64 1950-D Jefferson Nickel that is worth 1 point, go figure.

Gary

If you can guesstimate the grade your going to get for your coin, you can actually see the point total that will be assigned to the coin so unless you have a much higher than realistic expectation for a particular coin, the points awarded should be no mystery.