• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple new additions posted by TPETERS

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The absolute stress of auctions and coming up with the bids (to win that is!!!)

Good Evening All,

I have not been looking around much for any dimes lately. I have several on layaway and need to complete prior commitments first!

I have a Mr. Wantlist from Teletrade and they sent me the new listings and there were 2 dimes I wanted for my 46-64 set. They were a 54S and 60D both MS67FT. One was a blast white Gem and the other one had some toning on the obverse but clean on the reverse. I took 2 hours trying to figure out my max bids on these coins. After much deliberation I placed my bids and sat back. 3 hours before the auction started I second guessed myself on my bids and raised my bids by whopping 45% and 52% respectively. Both coins were very close to $300.00 each. I thought there is no way I will win these but why not try.

Sunday night went out to dinner (rather than sitting in front of the computer waiting). All through the evening I was hoping I would win both but then in the same thought was how in the H**L am I going to pay for them if I do win?!!!

As soon as I arrived home I checked my emails and I had an email from Teltrade! YAH!! or S**T!!! depending on what they went for. I opened up the message and I won BOTH of them. I was elated and scared at the same time. The 54S was $180.00, not to bad. Then I looked at the 60D and I got it for $50.00!!!! I couldn't believe that I got the 60D fr so cheap!!

All in all, the agonizing I did all evening was wasted time! But it is always the same thing. All you auction junkies out there know the feeling all to well.

Just thought I would share my trials/tribulations with you. Thanks for reading and my some of your bids not be as stressful but just as rewarding as my latest experience.

Take Care All,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

Nice pick up on both coins Todd. I missed them or I would have bid them up will above those numbers. apparently no reserves were placed by the consignor. I haven't been checking TT much lately but will start looking again hoping for a deal like you got....

Way to keep your eye open

Nick