• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jormaka - John posted by Augustus

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Now now.

Believe me John, my entry is by no means an assault on anyone. I know you have a lot of skin in the game, as do I. I am not a hater, I have invested tens of thousands of dollars (if not more) on RCM products and grading.

On that note, I would like to protect that asset, rather than see it depreciate. A few years ago, a PF69 Royal Canadian Mint 1oz silver coin would sell for $100.00 - 125.00 each (and that was during the recession). Now they sell for bullion value + $15 or so.

I think at least some of this can be attributed to the Mint flooding the market with a high volume of commemorative coins to a relatively small consumer market.

It is alarming and cause for concern, that the collector value of a lot of these coins is eroding. I enjoy collecting Canadian moderns as much as you, and I have always said that you have a superior collection (in fact, I found your response to my journal entry quite surprising).

I just don't like seeing the Mint basing it's sales strategies on PobJoy and Franklin Mint style production and marketing.

Augustus

See more journals by Augustus

John is a friend of mine. And at the same time, I have sold coins to Augustus and he seems to be a straight shooter.

Nobody likes it when they feel like their passion is being questioned.

However, Augustus' last posting was well put, and it should always be a concern to everyone when your investment is the subject in question.

And I know I don't need to say this, but John, you have some kick sets.