• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Submission to NCS posted by TD Henson

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Not sure what to expect...

Sent two coins on Modern tier which is a relatively good deal considering grading is included.

Sent a really cool 1971-P broadstruck Roosevelt Dime. The unfortunate part is I think it has been cleaned. So, this one is a study in my ability to spot cleaned coins and if by chance they disagree and grade this one, it will be the first FT coin for 71-P graded at NGC. The error in striking was in my favor as the torch on this one is as strong as most of the modern issues. The downside is the $32.50 fee, the upside is a great coin with an error!

The other one was pulled direct from a mint set. 1970-D Roosevelt DDR - not sure of the attribution on this one. I can't figure out the difference between them. I already own an FS-802 and this one looks different to me, so I'm hoping it's the other one for my varieties set.

I've attached a picture of the 70-D with typical mint set haze from the 70's. I'll repost with the results in a few weeks.

Have a great evening.

Todd

9031.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson