• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Irons (or in this case, silvers) posted by Captain Clipon

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I need to teach myself a new discipline... FOCUS!

I deleted one of my competitive sets today. I had a sum total of 1 (yes, ONE) MS67 Oklahoma Quarter in it.

20 Points.

Just sitting there by itself.

I had told myself that I was going to take that path some time ago, but it never happened, and for good reason. My meager budget does not support all of the coins that I am interested in.

I allocate $100.00 monthly for my acquisitions, which isn't much when one is chasing high-point coins, although I am lucky enough to find a few 400+ point coins for that price.

My Lincoln wheat set has a whopping 4 coins in it.

Although I love the lowly Lincoln, I have been working on an SMS set, which was sitting at #20 for a few days! Top 20 is not bad for what I can spend! It is now at 22, but I have my eye on several coins that will put me back in the running.

Focus is my biggest problem.

I am looking for a 1965 MS68 nickel and I spot a 1955-S MS67 Lincoln! I could get that one!!! Wait! A 1943-s MS67!

Oh, I am also putting together a penny type set. I am down to the Classic Head!

I have three pages of stuff on my eBay list.

Pathetic.

OK, I am going to work my SMS set for the next several months, putting all of my efforts (and money) toward that end.

This will be a lesson in focus for me.

Wish me luck.

See more journals by Captain Clipon