• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE PEACE'S ARE FINALLY COMING TOGETHER posted by JimL4004

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Auctions You Just Got To Love Them

Friends: I had a interesting auction experience this week past. As I am always looking for bargains I bid on lots of coins. I detest paying more than greysheet prices. Thursday I came across a NGC MS65 1926 D Peace dollar FMV on this coin is just shy of a Grand. It had a rating of (2****) an above average eye appeal white coin, which fits my set perfectly. The coin had a reasonable buy it now price, I even thought about it for more than a minute,I have done very very well with this auction site and am well know there. The reserve price there is most of the time 15% below the buy it now. I placed a bid 15% below what I figured the reserve price was, and was rewarded with a message "you are the high bidder but the reserve has not been meet."Friday evening I got an email from them telling me that the reserve had been lowered and now I was the high bidder and the reserve has been met. The auction has been over for about 90 minutes. My bid was the only bid. The price came in at 30% below greysheet including the juice. This is not the first time this scenario has happened. I recently traded some coins that were doubles, or had been upgraded or just plain didn't want anymore, for some others that I am in the process of selling which will more than pay for my last two Peace Dollars LIFE IS GOOD.

Later JimL4004

See more journals by JimL4004