• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1957 Proof Washington Quarter

12 posts in this topic

On it's way to NCS then NGC for grading. I feel it has the potential to UCAM. Cost me $40 on eBay, so what the hey, I'll give it a shot. :)

1957_Washington_Qtr_ICG_PR67_DCAM_OBV1.jpg

1957_Washington_Qtr_ICG_PR67_DCAM_OBV.jpg

1957_Washington_Qtr_ICGPR67DCAM_Rev.jpg

1957_ICG_PR67DCAM_Slab_Obv.jpg

I'll post the results when known. :)

Thanks guys. :)

The coin has been "Scheduled for Evaluation" since 06/29.

(Verification has been completed and submission information is entered into a computer so the coins will be traceable throughout the process by invoice number.

Each coin is given a temporary holder with a label bearing its invoice and line item number as text and bar-code. The coins are placed in labeled and bar-coded plastic boxes, dated, and are evaluated and conserved in the order they are received unless the submitter has requested to "expedite" the submission for an additional fee )

Can't wait to see it once it has been given the "works". I just love me an Ultra Cameo!!!

Called NCS today to get an update. They said conservation wasn't needed. Told them to send it to NGC for grading.

Coin is now in Quality Control at NGC. :)

Quality Control:

Graded and encapsulated coins are re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each coin for any flaws on its holder, such as scuffs or nicks.

I know it hurts when you don't get what you expect. And, I'm thinking that the old grade led you to believe you might get something that you wanted. When I look at the reverse of this coin I can see why they didn't cam this coin. Albeit, five years ago this coin would have easily received the cameo designation but, their standards have changed. Personally, I would have placed the star designation on this coin, to me this is a textbook coin for that designation.