• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another mystery

3 posts in this topic

Don't know much about this one

I could not pass up another medal of the "Heraldic Art Medal" series because of its absolutely stunning beauty and its perfect fit into my ever-growing horse themed set. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find much information about this set of medals besides this little blurb.

"This is from the series of Half-Dollar-sized medals issued from 1959-1979 by the Heraldic Art Company. Founder Bob McNamara sought to fill the void created when the US Mint ceased production of Commemorative Coinage in 1954. Each medal is struck in solid Sterling Silver, with a weight of 262 grains. Most medals had mintages between 1800-5000 pieces."

Anyone who can help me with more exact mintage information or with a more complete description of this series, I would be grateful.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

-Brandon

8989.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

Hi, just joined the forum looking for info on Heraldic Art Medals. I can point you to the TAMS journal volume 37 number 1 Jan 1997 issue. It has a full length article on these medals. Tams is "the token and medal society"

Hope this helps

Tom

Wow Tom, that's cool, I want to read that article myself.

Later,

Malcolm