• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody have a thought posted by lanebrad

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

pawnshop find,but no buy

Well fellow collectors

I stopped at the local pawnshop today and they still Had a 2001 ASE2001 and the writting on the case said it was recovered from ground Zero of the WTC the grading service I wasnt that fimilar with I know its not NGC or PGs something in the back of the my mind said not. 1st because I have 3 differnt ASE 2001 2nd It didnt seem right What do you think?

See more journals by lanebrad

It would be great if you had a pic of the coin to share, their asking price, and more info about the slab. Also ask the pawnshop what kind of solid proof can they show that the coin came from ground zero.

Still...with all that, I would go no more the 10% over melt based on the lower tiered grading company. Just my 2c

Jeffrey

[quote=NASF Firefighter

Still...with all that, I would go no more the 10% over melt based on the lower tiered grading company. Just my 2c

Jeffrey

I agree with Jeffrey, all other factors aside, pay no more than 10% over melt and if it turns out to be a fradulent story, You will still have the ASE at a reasonable price.