• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Father's Day.... posted by Kamakazy

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I miss you now and then, and make stupid mistakes that you used to help me avoid...

Happy Father's Day to all of those dads on this special day. I am reminded often of my Father when my daughter picks up a loop and asks me about a bonnet or hair flow and the now and then, "Daddy is that a scratch?"

My Father is who started this obsession with me as his father before him and thanks to them my collection is well beyond anything I think we would have all imagined.

He was not a slab collector, or investment grade numismatic, but a hound! A digger! Everything had to be discovered and then tucked away.

I am sure most of you caught yesterday's post, I tripped across a few of the old man's collection and the circulated Franklin Half Dollar set (complete) caught my attention.

I will leave this earth one day and hopefully laugh with him again, but have decided to immortalize him just a bit. I am going to send his first marked set for grading that he never was able to complete when he was robbed, cut short at 46 almost 15 years ago now.

This set will proudly bare the "Phetteplace Collection" on the slabs, and will hopefully bear the memory of his passion for a few centuries.

8958.JPG

See more journals by Kamakazy