• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Fran ASE

9 posts in this topic

I realize many of you already read this but I thought it was worth passing along to those who haven't. NGC will be labeling NGC certified ASE struck at the San Francisco mint with an (S) and "Struck at San Francisco Mint".

Read more here: NGC Link

Dumb. If a coin is struck at a certain mint, it should bear that mint's mintmark. That's the reason mintmarks were invented.

That the Mint, and by extension, Treasury, has ignored this on several occasions in modern times is just idiotic bureaucracy.

It is nice that NGC is certifying these coins like this anyways.

Dumb. If a coin is struck at a certain mint, it should bear that mint's mintmark. That's the reason mintmarks were invented.

That the Mint, and by extension, Treasury, has ignored this on several occasions in modern times is just idiotic bureaucracy.

It is nice that NGC is certifying these coins like this anyways.

An "S" mintmark would be great. That would make too much sense I guess. :o

NGC noting the MM on the slab is good marketing.

Just to kill some time, I checked on Ebay and they are up for pre-order/sale and asking about $200 for MS70. Just a tad bit silly..don't ya think? :screwy:

That price is silly. If you see an MS70 for $80, I'll buy it. (thumbs u