• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking For ! posted by Backdraft237

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2011 Army Commemorative .50 MS 70

Looking for a 2011 army .50 ms 70 commemorative, seen that they have only been 11 graded, but not sure if that is current or not. If anyone knows where I can come up with one at I would appreciate it. Happy Collecting to all...

See more journals by Backdraft237

I've been looking for one as well with no luck. Someone listed 2 on ebay right after they were released and I think the set of 2 sold for around $2,400. At the time I thought it was too much and figured I would be able to get one cheaper if I waited. That may turn out to have been a bargain.

Good Luck,

HighRoller

Here is a suggestion for you. Unless you absolutely have to have it right now, be patient because as more become available and they will the prices will eventually come down. Look at the prices of presidential dollars when they first come out. They are crazy high if you want it now but in time the prices drop and they are not even silver. Search all the coin selling sites as well because research and knowledge will save you lots of money. If I do come across one I will let you know. Coin populations do play a big part in price. Good luck too you. You have some nice sets.

Speaking from my experience with this coin, I don't believe there will be a large number making the 70 grade. I purchased 10 of them from the Mint and only 2 of those were worth sending in to be graded. The other 8 were absolute garbage! Just with the naked eye, there were marks visible all over both the obverse and reverse. They went straight back back to the Mint. This one of the most disappointing coins to come from the Mint....based on quality.... in quite some time.