• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rim damage too excessive for grading?

7 posts in this topic

You should show us the whole coin, but I'd say that it has a 50-50 shot at grading. If it does grade, it will get no more than an MS-60 or 61 if the rest of the coin is an MS-63 or 64.

I think it would grade, but have to question the value of certifying it. It's about a $300 coin, isn't it? At that level, $30 in grading expenses may seem unjustified.

the rim doesn't seem like it will effect the grding too much. to extend on what James said, we'd have to see the whole coin to give ya accurate opinions. i'd only send a coin at a $300 level in if i were planning to put it back on the market.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a coin worth sending in for a try

i think it will slab with a grade 67% chance

.........................33% chance details holder

dont know for sure but i like those odds (thumbs u

I just got one of my Barber Halves back from NGC last week slabbed as "VF Details-Rim Damage". There are four or five tiny rim nicks that are much less noticeable than those on your coin and don't detract all that much from the overall appearance of the coin. But, they are there so I can't complain that it was details graded. I think you'll just have to take your chances.