• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about russian coin.

7 posts in this topic

New to the board and a very green collector so bear with me. Looking to buy a 1897 Nicholas II 15 Rouble Gold coin MS 62. What is a fair price for this coin? Paid $800 for a coin the same coin that was has not been graded yet. I figure I overpaid for this coin. Like I said I am green. Any help appreciated.

New to the board and a very green collector so bear with me. Looking to buy a 1897 Nicholas II 15 Rouble Gold coin MS 62. What is a fair price for this coin? Paid $800 for a coin the same coin that was has not been graded yet. I figure I overpaid for this coin. Like I said I am green. Any help appreciated.

You may want to post this in the World Coin Forum. You'll probably receive more help there. I wish I could help, but I don't collect Russian coins.

Y-65.2

.3734 AGW so today with gold at 1509 it melts at $563 FYI

The 15 Ruble gold coin was ONLY issued in 1897,

The obverse features the profile of Nicholas II. He ruled Russia from 1894 until he abdicated the throne in 1917.

The symbol of the Doubleheaded Eagle signifies the Russian Tsars’ authority of their domain from a God-given point of view. With the eagle looking both east and west, they are alluding to showing tribute to Rome in the west and Constantinople in the east, which were centers of Christianity.

MY OPINION of the retail value of this coin fair market value if offered at a large world coin show bourse ngc ms 62 a true unc coin with good eye appeal

where the dealer has it priced to sell

$1175-1225

all the above prices are based on today sat may 21 2011