• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over twice the price for the same coin posted by hunter's gold

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

2011D Early Release Lincoln Penny

I just added the 2011D Early Release Lincoln Penny to my registry set. I purchased this coin from a seller that sells on Ebay and advertises here on the NGC website. This seller had this coin for sell on both Ebay and his website. The coin listed on Ebay went for more than double the amount I paid from his website. This just proves once again that you should always do you research when buying coins. With the addition of this penny I have moved into 2nd place for 1959-Date Lincoln penny registry sets. I hope you enjoy my coin and always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

8813.JPG

See more journals by hunter's gold

I do like the new reverse design much much better than the Memorial reverse. You're right, best to do research and buy from whatever source, internet, ebay, local dealer, that has the best price. Seems interesting that the 1959 to present set contains both the 2009 through 2011 coins as they do represent a new reverse design(s). I wonder if that set will be redesignated 1959-2008 and a new 2009 + set will emerge?

I had a similar experience from the same seller I am sure. The 2011-P MS69FT dime sold in an auction on Sunday night for $320, and I purchased the exact same coin (Early Releases holder and all) on their website for $59 + $6 shipping = $65. That's almost 5 times the amount that someone paid in an auction as what they were selling it (without competition) on their website! Crazy!!!! Homework indeed! People need to shop around!!!