• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Points posted by MAILMAN

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Should not be assigned for at least 3-5 yrs. for any coin.

Why should a coin freshly minted be assigned any point value until you have some idea of it's rarity AND relevance to the coin collecting hobby? Also there should be a system that shows the "total" population of every single coin, not just the NGC coins. If PCGS coins are allowed in the Registry Sets then I should be able to know how many of them exist for any given grade. Should the "rarity" of the coin be based on NGC totals, or should the rarity of the coin be based on the combined total? I don't like the fact that the NGC ONLY SETS aren't recognized at the end of the year!!! I'm not saying don't recognize the BEST SET, just recognize the BEST SET of your OWN labels. I personaly chose not to buy PCGS coins, yet some of them are the only ones that exist for certain coins in certain grades, thus eliminating my chance for a top set. Just my opinion, don't hate the MAILMAN, have a great day!!

See more journals by MAILMAN