• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE: Points System posted by davidk

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I agree in a way!

I think you are dead on in a lot of respects but also think it is about the points for you as well. Many people collect the fodder because they can't afford the older gold coins you speak of that normally reach well above a thousand at least. I'll grant that many of the modern items are junk at best and that is why the majority of the modern stuff I have are bullion coins such as ASE's and Gold Buffalo coins neither of which will ever be worthless in any respect. For all of the people like me that are somewhere between making a fortune and making dirt for a living collect what you love but just remember look at what W.K.F. suggests in quantity made and composition of the coin as to where its value will take you later. Just be happy in collecting and let the points go please! P.S. I hope to collect some of the older gold soon as I get rid of some old paper first. Paper money doesn't really appreciate well.

See more journals by davidk