• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This weekends intersting find. posted by Kamakazy

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

1900 Double Eagle and Questionable grading from NGC and PCGS.

A couple of interesting things occurred this weekend allbeit mother's day.

First off, for those of you that recall the two ten dollar gold eagles that came back "not genuine" from NGC. The dealer I returned them to, sent them to PCGS and both came back MS63. They are still listed in my registry.

What the Heck?!? Makes me wonder which grading service is correct. Also, makes me question some integrity....

Secondly, picked up a 1900 Double Eagle and I posted a quick pick of the reverse since I don't know how to merge the two images into one GIF file.

The reverse is the most stunning on this series anyway.

Cheers!

Kamakazy

8765.jpg

See more journals by Kamakazy

Wow, that is weird on those two Eagles. Someone must have had a bad day at NGC as I am assuming PCGS got it right. Just goes to show you that grading and authenticating are not foolproof by any means.

Your 1900 is a beauty, A great weekend indeed.

I am going to have to say that PCGS got it right. The downside is, I would have had doubled my money on them had I sent them to PCGS myself.

No worries, better safe than sorry.