• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1909-O Barber Half

12 posts in this topic

The seller's original images:

1909_O_OBV.jpg1909_O_REV.jpg

Taking the seller's photos and reducing the overexposure to a normally exposed ~18% background grey:

1909_OBV_Grey_1.jpg1909_REV_Grey_1.jpg

Your view may be different due to variances in monitors. I also removed some of the chromatic abberation found in the original images.

This is not with the coin in hand, but it still should provide a better indication of the relative brightness of the devices and surfaces for this example.

i would say easily VF-30, not sure why you are all lowballing it. the pic on the PCGS website for this coin @ VF-30 looks the same as this coin pictured in this thread.

easily VF-30. maybe 35 but probably 30.

absolute low of VF-25 in my honest opinion

i would say easily VF-30, not sure why you are all lowballing it. the pic on the PCGS website for this coin @ VF-30 looks the same as this coin pictured in this thread.

easily VF-30. maybe 35 but probably 30.

absolute low of VF-25 in my honest opinion

Can you provide an image for comparison or a link to the example that you're referring to for the comparison? Thanks!

Unfortunately - and I mean this as no slam - I think PCGS routinely overgrades Barber coinage. I know this comment will anger some, but that's why I prefaced by previous guess with my feeling that TPGs are too lenient on Barbers.

I could see F-15, but I guessed F-12 due to what appears to be a soap&water or other mild cleaning. It would be disappointing (but not surprising) to me to see this in a VF holder, though.