• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sold My Mint Dollar Rolls for PF70 Dollar Slabs Sets...Bad Mistake or Not?

2 posts in this topic

Mint Dollar rolls vs Dollar Proofs

I just started my DOLLARS - PRESIDENTS PROOF sets. I just brought 3 sets of 4 DOLLARS - PRESIDENTS PROOF NGC 70s coins each. I picked up a 2007,2008, and the 2009 set. I am looking for the 2010 set. I was collecting just the US Mint dollar rolls but I sold them off. Too expensive to buy a roll of dollars value at $25.00 but cost $36.00. Granted that the sets are more expensive then the rolls but I believe the set will hold their value. The 2007 George Washington PF 70 coin along is listed for $75.00 which will make the set worth more. I paid $82.00 for the 2007 set and that is just about $7.00 more than one of the coins is worth in the set. Now not saying that the price could coming crashing down but I like the dollar proofs and it will be easy to keep the set going. No more returning a roll back to the Mint because I the roll was reveres to reveres,

See more journals by DVD Home Studios

Hi Ed

They are great sets....

And with only four coins in a set, well it makes it a lot easier to keep track of lol

I try to got PF 70 when I can, I just recived the 2009 American Samoa today.

There are only six in this part of the State sets, and I am only buying PF 70 Silver

For this pare of the set. The rest of the states will probably be 69, because they are such a large set.

Take Care

Alan

2009.jpg