• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More and More Paper Less and Less Silver ........ posted by J Lloyd Young

1 post in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Finding older paper currency in circulation seems to be getting more common and silver coins less and less of late ....

Greetings Collectors : I am finding a new trend with my circulated pickings at work .....I used to pick up a stray silver coin or two every week ( a Roosevelt Dime , Kennedy Clad Half or War Nix most common ) now I am finding nothing ...I mean nada . In recent weeks though I have seen a spike in old bank notes ....2 of which I previously shared .

Here's a third I recently gleened 1935-E $1 Silver Certificate . Has the economy dipped again to the point where people are simply

spending these old banknotes where they used to hold on to them ? I wonder . The fact that silver coins have literally disappeared is due I am sure to the fact that silver has recently spiked to near historic levels and folks are being extra diligent to pick them out of change quickly when they do appear .

I did have a co worker recently pick up an entire roll of old circulated Buffalo Nickels . So there are still treasures to be found at face value I think however they are fewer and fewer than ever before .

8741.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young