• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Dollars

21 posts in this topic

to end the weekend: :)

1964Dhdobv1B.jpg

This was I coin I picked from a forum members submission. Thanks again Jon. (thumbs u

Saen, I've never seen a stripy Kennedy before.

Its also the first one I have seen, purchased it from forum member spacemonkey a few years ago.

here is the brother to your 64* from the same submission.

65*

1740514006a.jpg1740514006b.jpg

Saen, I've never seen a stripy Kennedy before.

Its also the first one I have seen, purchased it from forum member spacemonkey a few years ago.

here is the brother to your 64* from the same submission.

65*

1740514006a.jpg1740514006b.jpg

Nice coins, all!

One thing that has always piqued my curiosity about some of the Kennedy's is the series of parallel lines on his neck to the right of his ear. You don't see them on all Kennedy's, but they aren't limited to just the 1964 either. Does anyone know why?

Chris

One thing that has always piqued my curiosity about some of the Kennedy's is the series of parallel lines on his neck to the right of his ear. You don't see them on all Kennedy's, but they aren't limited to just the 1964 either. Does anyone know why?

Fingerprints. :grin:

J/K. I've always wondered at them, too. They don't really seem to serve any purpose in the design.

EDIT: Are they just on the silvers? I haven't looked that thoroughly.

I purchased this one a few years back on ebay at what I thought was a good price. I always thought I'd send it in for a regrade to deep cameo, but alas, I'm lazy and it still resides in a PCGS 67 Cam holder.

1967.jpg