• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1810 Classic Head

8 posts in this topic

Nice coin!

How do you grade this series?

What does mine grade? Is it a variety?

It's really hard to find classic head cents without problems (corrosion and pitting), they minted the majority of them with crappy alloys.

Huge premiums will kill your wallet if you are looking for "decent" examples. :hi:

BTW,

I'm no expert but i'd say you have an XF "detail" coin there.........and I still like it! (thumbs u

Nice coin!

How do you grade this series?

What does mine grade? Is it a variety?

It's really hard to find classic head cents without problems (corrosion and pitting), they minted the majority of them with crappy alloys.

Huge premiums will kill your wallet if you are looking for "decent" examples. :hi:

BTW,

I'm no expert but i'd say you have an XF "detail" coin there.........and I still like it! (thumbs u

Are you serious? XF details?

My eyes must be going bad. :o

Your coin may have VG details , the corrosion is pretty extensive.

This coin is a regular 1810, there are a total of 5 Sheldon Varieties for the 1810 large cent. I will guess that yours is one of the following: 282, 283 or 285. The 281 is the over date and 284 is scarce .