• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9 more beauties

4 posts in this topic

Some beautiful of world coins

I will start by just saying that the "custom set" idea has really changed my outlook on collecting. It really makes for a different kind of "hunt" and satisfaction when you find a gem. About a month ago I started my "Horses" custom set, and while it is still relatively small, I am learning a great deal about world history, culture, and geography along the way.

It became apparent shortly after starting the set that many if not most of the coins that would fit nicely into my set would be difficult if not impossible to find in graded holders. That being said, I have started to snag several uncirculated raw coins with hopes of eventually having them graded and formally entered into my set. However, for the time being, they will have to rest safely in their Mylar flips.

Below is a collage of the most recent group I have received. In order from left to right, top to bottom they are:

1. 1954, India, 1 pice

2. 1976, Greece, 20 lepta

3. 1981, Uruguay, 10 centesimos (and my favorite of the bunch)

4. 1998, Russia, 5 kopeks

5. 2000, Somalia, 10 shillings

6. 2002, North Korea, 1/2 chon

7. 2002, Slovenia, 10 tolarjev

8. 2004, Nagorno-Karabakh, 50 luma

9. 2004, Uganda, 100 lingsshil

There are many, many more to come. Best of luck to all on your personal quests! How can you not love this hobby?!

Cheers!

8728.jpg

See more journals by brg5658

Wow, those are some cool coins, I never even heard of Nagomo-Karabakh or Ugana.

Love seeing your collection grow. I'm going to go through my big can of foreign junk coins, if I find any Horse themes, will let you know what they are and if you want them, they're yours, free.