• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE NUMISMATIC EMBERS ARE STARTING TO GLOW posted by DM Merrill Associates, Inc.

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The Second Purchase Of The Year Is A Rarity That Has Long Been On My Want List.

After 18 months of numismatic abstinance, I've now made coin purchases in March and April.

I found the right 1912-S Five Cent to fit my collection, after searching for a number of years. Typically, I stumble across either circulated examples or pricey MS65's, or problem coins.

This is also my first CAC coin. It is an MS-63 with a great strike, minimal marks, and muted luster under gray/brown toning, which gives this coin a matte-like appearance.

My "coin-interest" is definitely on the increase. I've noticed that I'm checking on dealer web sites more frequently. I've put together a new want list. And I'm bringing more coins home from the Safe Deposit for viewing.

The NUMISMATIC INFERNO hasn't exploded yet, but the embers have a definite glow!

See more journals by DM Merrill Associates, Inc.

It's a great feeling to finally take the plunge and purchase a coin that you patiently waited for just the right coin to finally present itself. Congrats . Patience is a good thing, especially for collectors.