• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally ! Finished another Regisrty Set !! posted by J Lloyd Young

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

But do we ever really finish these or are they just a continual work in progress ?

I am pleased to be able to say that I today finished another

Registry Set....My Silver Proof State Quarter Set is finally done . Well maybe not...I could upgrade it quite a bit to be sure but every slot is now filled .

I think now I am going to take a bit of a breather then finish my regular issue 1932-64 quarter set . I have unfortunately been ( and am still ) very sick with Bronchitis and it's really kicking my tail .

It does take some of the pleasure out of what is typically a very fulfilling time in a collector's experiance ....completing a set .

I leave you with a scan of the $50 FRN from my last post along with the scan of another similar one that appeared strangely within 2 days of the first one at my workplace .

I suspect that they both likely came from the same source ....as they are both Chicago FRN and both Series 1934 and in similar condition . I am really certain IF the story could be told as to where these 2 bills were BEFORE I bought them ....it would read vastly more interesting that my set completion journal entry . It's that type of story which has always fascinated me ...if a coin or bank note could talk what story would it be able to tell of it's history .

Regards to All .

8706.JPG

See more journals by J Lloyd Young