• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1840-O NewP

7 posts in this topic

If this coin was cleaned, then it was done a long time ago. You Liberty is pretty strong, and the scroll shows some details. The reverse shield and the wing edges might hold you back from a VF. This is the "No Drapery" version, which holds a small premium. I'd say F-18, and a VF-20 on a good day. I think that she would get into a holder.

One of my favorite, coins, and I like yours pretty well! I see some minor scratches, but the overall look is not bad at all. It has really strong Fine details - nearly VF, but you'd need to net the value down based on how distracting the scratch is.

I don't see cleaning on that coin. At least in the picture, that coin is the perfect grey color that I love, and which implies originality. I'd call it a solid Fine, maybe an F+

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Again, I wish she were a grade higher (a solid VF instead of a solid F), but I still like the overall "look" and apparent originality of the coin.

She should fit into my circulated New Orleans type set well...