• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Early Commemorative Coins

91 posts in this topic

michael - lots of color on your commems, but the oregon trail is pretty distinctive with the fiery rim toning! I like it.

thanks!!

i sold them a few years ago and i am sorry i did but well i needed the $$

now i dont have the $$ nor the coins lol

The original holders some of the Early Commemoratives came in are really cool also. They help "Tell the Story" behind the issues:

46137_Goldbergs_Albany_Card.jpg

Image courtesy of Ira & Larry Goldberg; not mine

I know Dr. Mike has many of these, anyone else own any of these original holders?

Here is America's only official two headed coin, the Lewis and Clark commemorative gold dollars that were issued in 1904 and 1905. The obverse is, of course, the side with the date.

LewisClarkO.jpgLewisClarkR.jpg

The original holders some of the Early Commemoratives came in are really cool also. They help "Tell the Story" behind the issues:

46137_Goldbergs_Albany_Card.jpg

Image courtesy of Ira & Larry Goldberg; not mine

I know Dr. Mike has many of these, anyone else own any of these original holders?

yes i have many different about 45 or so but no coins lol

i nearly threw them away like 25+ years ago when i was moving around lots but i kept them and i think now i am happy i did i think hm all are different but agsin no coins

Believe it or not, this was a pawn shop find.

Yes, it's been mounted and polished, but it's genuine and best of all...

IT'S MINE! :grin:

pan-pac25-1.jpg

pan-pac25-2.jpg

I think this is my final version for my book cover. :) All thoughts welcome, positive or negative. (thumbs u

Final_Front_Cover.jpg

Very nice York. (thumbs u

Raw sitting in a Wayte Raymond:

RawPilgrimObvA.jpg

I don't think it's an 8, but may get a plus for whatever that's worth?

This Raw example arrived today:

Raw_Maine_ObvA.jpg

Went into my Wayte Raymond.

Breath taking ! Not to nit pick but how didn't that Iowa get a star? I am hard pressed to pick a favorite out of that group. There are just too many stunners. :luhv::cloud9::acclaim: Thanks for sharing.