• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Submissions to NGC on their way back. posted by MatthewMetcalfe

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Results of my first NGC Submission.

About a month ago I sent in 5 coins and my coupon for free submissions. Not being an expert grader I really didn't know what to expect.

It took about a month to figure out which 5 were going. I perused the message boards to see what some of the "Details" grades looked like to avoid getting any of those.

Of the 5 coins I sent in, only two were "clean" without a Details note. That was a little disappointing but I'll use it to learn from. Of the three two were "Hairlines". I'll use those to compare on future submissions. One was "Whizzed" and that threw me for a loop. From my limited understanding of Whizzing the process leave very noticable lines in the coin. I'm not sure how that one got past me. Perhaps I need a better magnifying glass.

The good news is that I received two coins clean and the grades for them were ok. The best of the two was MS63. Not the best but I purchased it Raw for very little.

Can't wait to get the coins back, review the details and prepare another submission!

Enjoy!

--Matt

See more journals by MatthewMetcalfe

I think a lot of us were surprised with our first couple of submissions. I even cracked out an ANACS coin that was graded, by them, as MS63. The coin came back UNC Details from NGC. Anyway, you're doing the right thing by using your details coins as examples, you should have better success down the line. Take it easy.

Regards